Just a reminder… you must be out of the apartment by midnight.
Remember you need to:
- consult your cleaning checklist and move-out requirements (given to you at signing and your move-in packet)
- remove ALL personal items, furniture, garbage, etc from the apartment
- the utilities must remain on through your lease
- the refrigerator/freezer must be cleaned, unplugged and the doors propped open
- forward your mail to your new address (www.usps.com)
Once you are completely out of your apartment bring your original key and mail key to the office (if you use the drop box - put the key(s) in a sealed envelope with your name and apartment address and unit number printed on the envelope)
When all original keys are turned in, it is implied there is no one living in the apartment nor is there a plan to return or sublease for the duration of the lease. Once the original keys have been returned, Basham Rentals has 45 days (from the date the last key was returned) to complete the deposit return process.
You are liable for any turn-over costs: cleaning; replacement; damages; painting; unpaid bills; etc. This applies to ALL individuals on the lease as one.
Please reference the Move-Out Requirements and Cleaning Checklists.
Something to consider:
If you have furniture, household items, etc. you no longer want, you can donate these items to a non-profit organization like Trinity Mission or Goodwill. Some organizations, such as Goodwill, in Indiana, will actually come and pickup your items.
Click on the name below for more inforamtion about donating...